Hello Followers!

Hello Followers!

For those of you who don't know, I will be leaving the United States for a six month paid internship in South Korea. I will be teaching English at an after school program at an Elementary School five days a week. My students do not speak English and I for sure will not be fluent in Korean, so this will be quite a learning experience for everyone involved. I will be departing February 4, 2012 and will return at the end of July. I hope many of you follow my blog to see what I'm up to overseas :)

- Ashley Schwartz

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Weekend In Busan

March 30- April 1

This weekend I met up with about 45 other TaLK scholars in Busan. We rented a pension house near the beach and had a fantastic time catching up with one another and exchanging stories about our crazy classrooms.

Busan is hands-down the most beautiful place I’ve been to in Korea thus far. The beaches are absolutely gorgeous and the city is equally beautiful. Busan has a lot of foreigners so we didn’t get as many weird looks, and it was really easy to get around because there are a lot of English speaking people.

It was about an hour and a half bus ride from Pohang to Busan, so the ride there wasn’t bad at all.

On Friday night our whole group went out to a Mexican Restaurant called the “Fuzzy Navel” and then a nightclub. On Saturday we all got up early and ate lunch at an awesome Irish Pub where we all smashed some really great burgers. It was so nice that day, so we all walked along the beach and explored some really beautiful cultural sights. We took taxi’s over to a temple later in the afternoon and got back to the pension house around 5 o’ clock. We all ate dinner around 7, and then headed to the bars around 11. This one Korean guy spotted our group and invited us into his bar and offered all of the girls’ free drinks. He took pictures with us and was really happy that we decided to come in. After that we went to a club called “Maktum” where we celebrated Pauls 24th Birthday (a fellow TaLK scholar). I left with a few people around 2:00 a.m. and we went to the casino. I was really excited because I had never gone to a casino before! I did the slot machines for a little bit, but I didn’t stay long ( I didn’t win anything either :( ). The next morning we all shuffled out around noon and made our way back home.

I can’t wait until the weather gets really hot so I can go back to Busan and go to the beach. I’m definitely planning on making several trips to Busan while I’m here in Korea. It. Was. Awesome.

Here are some pictures that I took this weekend:


Alison, Me and Abby by the rocks at the Temple in Busan.


Everyone that stayed at the Pension! I love these people so much.


Beautiful Temple in Busan.


Me, Alison and Abby with our free drinks.


At the Temple in Busan.


Abby, Alison and I enjoying our popsicles by the lighthouse. 


Walking back to Wolpo after a great weekend in Busan. 


Lighthouse by the beach.


 This is where I'll be spending most of my summer weekends. Beautiful beach in Busan!




This is a video of the bartenders at the Fuzzy Navel. They were amazing!



No comments:

Post a Comment