Mihee is the secretary at my school for those of you who don't know that already, and her English is by far the best out of any Korean I've met. She never majored in English, in fact, she told me that she failed out of English at her University (which really surprised me). So I'm absolutely blown away at how much she knows- so I asked her one day, "Mihee, how do you know so much English?" And what she said back to me is my favorite "Mihee Quote" ever. She told me:
"Learning is my hobby. Some people study, others play sports, but learning is what I like to do."
Well said my friend, well said.
Hello Followers!
Hello Followers!
For those of you who don't know, I will be leaving the United States for a six month paid internship in South Korea. I will be teaching English at an after school program at an Elementary School five days a week. My students do not speak English and I for sure will not be fluent in Korean, so this will be quite a learning experience for everyone involved. I will be departing February 4, 2012 and will return at the end of July. I hope many of you follow my blog to see what I'm up to overseas :)
- Ashley Schwartz

No comments:
Post a Comment