Hello Followers!

Hello Followers!

For those of you who don't know, I will be leaving the United States for a six month paid internship in South Korea. I will be teaching English at an after school program at an Elementary School five days a week. My students do not speak English and I for sure will not be fluent in Korean, so this will be quite a learning experience for everyone involved. I will be departing February 4, 2012 and will return at the end of July. I hope many of you follow my blog to see what I'm up to overseas :)

- Ashley Schwartz

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Dear Mom and Dad


Dear Mom and Dad,
            I can’t thank you both enough for all that you’ve given me. I wouldn’t be where I am or who I am today without you guys. You’ve never discouraged me, or led me to believe that I could never accomplish something. Your constant support, love, and encouragement is something I try not to take for granted. You guys have been my biggest advocates in this whole process and I couldn’t be more excited about the journey ahead of me. I know six months is a long time and I can’t imagine how hard it will be to let your baby girl leave for half the year. But, I just want you guys to know how thankful I am to have such awesome parents. Thanks for always believing in me, for never doubting me (even when I doubted myself), for loving me unconditionally, for letting me make my own mistakes, for letting me learn some things the hard way, and for always being there to remind me that things will get better. So, get out the Kleenex and the camera, because this will be an adventure of a lifetime, and know that I couldn’t have done it without you guys.
                                                                                                            Love always,
                                                                                                          Ashley





No comments:

Post a Comment